A collection of machines suggested by experiences Buzz users, that don't come bundled with the installer and that are generally accepted to be the best-of-breed (or at least way above average, or somehow unique) and stable:
- Matilde Tracker RC7 Changelog Source. Full featured tracker. Currently the only tracker that plays 8/16/24/32bit Wav files at any given sample rate correctly. Some people prefer UnwieldyTracker as an alternative.
- FSM Infector General purpose subtractive synthesizer made by FSM.
- Zephod BLOK Modular synthesizer made by user:Zephod.
- FireSledge ParamEQ Source
- MixIO A great mixer, supports up to 32 channels and several VU modes (made by user:Antonio)
- Cheapo Amp made by Apo
- ChannelStrip Gives you a gain machine, HP/LP filters, EQ, denoiser, a good compressor and panning in one machine. (made by user:JoaCHIP)
- Fuzzpilz Unwieldy delay is slightly more confusing to use than FSM PanzerDelay, but supports 96 khz samplerate. (made by user:Fuzzpilz)
- LarsHa FunkyVerb is one of the two best native Buzz reverbs. It is not quite the same quality as the better commercial VSTs, but still quite useful and low on CPU.
- Mars 2 A very useful distortion with many distortion modes. (made by user:JoaCHIP)
- PowerPan Buzz now has equal power panning too, but PowerPan is still useful if you need to adjust the stereo spread and use psycho-acoustic panning. (made by user:JoaCHIP)
- Unwieldy delay 3 A nice delay with many features. (made by user:Fuzzpilz)
- StereoBox Pro Stereo Field Controller. Very handy when you need to widen your stereo field (made by user:Rymix)
- BG Comp One of, if not the best, native compressor made for buzz(made by user:BGTech)
- JedShiva A very handy VU-Meter or just a do-nothing-machine as it uses very little CPU(made by user:Cyanphase)
- ParamEQ A nice parametric EQ, comes with a visual graph (made by user:Bigyo)
- Polac VST gives you a superb VST wrapper and ASIO drivers.
This previous link take you to a folder containing 70 drumkits, the installer for the Drumkit Manager 3, the PSI Drum2 generator for which the DKM3 was made. PSI Drum2 use drumkits. This tools lets you create your own drumkits with wav samples. You can have more than one sample by class of samples, by example you can put 5 different kicks in the Bass Drum class. See animation here : Mini how to.
You can use a drumkit in PSI Drum2 but this machine have the reputation of crashing Buzz. Anyway, you can use drumkits in the fantastic SampleGrid3. SampleGrid3 use Drumkits too, check this picture.
Also, you can reverse Drumkits to extract the wav samples from it if you want to use these samples in another machine that doesn't use drumkits. Check this picture